Exhaust Wrap Kit Black by DEI
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why do I want to wrap my headers or pipes?
Wrapping any type of exhaust piping is a crucial and important step when controlling exhaust temperatures and reducing radiant heat by up to 50 percent. Keeping exhaust gases hotter within the exhaust system helps in decreasing density and increasing the flow of exhaust gases. This improves exhaust scavenging which, in turn, reduces intake temperatures for increased horsepower gains.5>
What is exhaust wrap made of and does it contain asbestos? DEI exhaust wrap rolls are primarily composed of composite fiberglass material that is treated with a proprietary coating developed by DEI to help increase the wraps thermal resistance when compared to the other brands. DEI wraps contain NO ASBESTOS!
Will wrapping my exhaust pipes make it rust? If the exhaust pipe is made of mild steel, it may rust over time with or without exhaust wrap. If you are going to wrap any kind of steel pipe we recommend using our HT Silicone Coating to seal and protect the wrap and even the pipe you are wrapping. In addition, HT Silicone provides added thermal insulation and increases the longevity of your wrap.
Will the exhaust wrap work on my stock exhaust system? Yes, it is perfectly compatible with all exhaust systems from Cast Iron to Stainless Steel. Not only that, but you can safely use the wrap on any kind of tubing metal or aluminum. This includes piping on an intercooler, turbo down pipe, air intake and intake manifold.
Why only a 1/4" overlap, isn't more better? More is not always better when it comes to exhaust wrap. You can hold too much heat in the Pipe to the point of changing the molecular structure of the metal. This can cause premature wear of the tubes or fractured welds, overlapping 1/4" is fine as this allows just enough heat out to ensure performance without damaging the exhaust.
Can I wet the wrap for installation? Wetting the wrap is actually recommended as it will make the material more flexible and aid in a much tighter wrap. Be sure to let the wrap dry completely before applying the HT Silicone Spray.
- Indian Chief 2018
- Indian Chief Classic 2014-2017
- Indian Chief Dark Horse 2016-2017
- Indian Chief Vintage 2014-2017
- Indian Chieftain 2014-2017
- Indian Chieftain Classic 2018
- Indian Chieftain Dark Horse 2016-2017
- Indian Chieftain Elite 2017
- Indian Chieftain Limited 2017-2018
- Indian Road Master Classic 2017
- Indian Roadmaster 2015-2017
- Indian Roadmaster Elite 2018
- Indian Scout 2015-2018
- Indian Scout Bobber 2018
- Indian Scout Sixty 2016-2018
- Indian Springfield 2016-2017
- Indian Springfield Darkhorse 2018
- Victory Boardwalk 2013-2015
- Victory Cross Country Tour 2012-2017
- Victory Cross Country, Cross Country 8 Ball 2010-2017
- Victory Cross Roads, Cross Roads Classic, Cross Roads 8 Ball 2010-2014
- Victory Gunner 2015-2017
- Victory Hammer, Hammer S, Hammer 8 Ball 2005-2007
- Victory Hammer, Hammer S, Hammer 8 Ball 2008-2017
- Victory Hardball 2012-2013
- Victory Highball 2012-2017
- Victory Jackpot, Jackpot Ness 2006-2007
- Victory Jackpot, Jackpot Ness 2008-2016
- Victory Judge 2013-2017
- Victory Kingpin, Kingpin Tour, Kingpin 8, Ball Kingpin Low 2004-2007
- Victory Kingpin, Kingpin Tour, Kingpin 8, Ball Kingpin Low 2008-2012
- Victory Magnum 2015-2017
- Victory Octane 2017
- Victory V92 C 1999-2003
- Victory V92 SC 1999-2002
- Victory V92 TC 2002-2006
- Victory Vegas, Vegas 8 Ball, Vegas Low, Vegas Ness 2003-2007
- Victory Vegas, Vegas 8 Ball, Vegas Low, Vegas Ness 2008-2017
- Victory Vision, Vision Street, Vision Ness, Vision Tour, Vision Premium 2008-2017
- Victory X1 2015-2017
This fitment information is provided to you based on the manufacturer's information. Consult manufacturer publication(s) and/or website(s) for specific fitment and other important application information. This fitment information is based upon the stock version of the motorcycle or unit referenced and any accessory added or other modification could invalidate the information provided.
GENERAL SAFETY WARNING
Failure to follow manufacturer's recommendations and requirements can cause product failure resulting in serious injury or death. While effort has been taken in collecting accurate fitment information, Witchdoctors Billet Specialties LLC accepts no liability for loss or damage resulting from errors or omissions. If you believe any of the information provided is erroneous, please email: Fitment@buywitchdoctors.com
Qualifying Retail orders $99.99 or more will receive free ground shipping. Free Shipping Terms and conditions.
All orders over $500 will require a signature.
Please see International Shipping page for orders shipping outside the US.
See our full Shipping Policy page for further details.
We show real time product availability. These products normally ship the same business day but may ship from one of our warehouses across the country. If an item requires additional processing time you will be notified.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it. We promise!
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unopened, unused or unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Kit includes 2 rolls, 1 can of black coating, and eight 8 in.and four 14 in. locking ties. This wrap has a direct heat rating of 1,200 degrees and a radiant heat rating of 2,000 degrees. Design Engineering HT Silicone Coating spray is highly recommended for DEI glass fiber wrap to penetrate, seal and protect and prolong the lifespan of exhaust wrap.